ACHIEVE LUSH, POUTY LIPS WITH NON-INVASIVE LIP AUGMENTATION
Although the lips are a relatively small body part, they can play a vitally important role in the determination of our overall facial aesthetics. Lush, full, sensual lips can brighten your smile and enhance the appearance of your entire face, whereas thin lips can detract from your facial symmetry and beauty.
Fortunately, patients born with thin, underdeveloped lips, or whose lips have begun to demonstrate the visible signs of aging (i.e. wrinkles, fine lines, loss of volume, sagging) can restore optimally full, pouty lips with non-invasive lip augmentation procedures, which are designed to safely and effectively augment the volume and enhance the shape of the lips without significant downtime or discomfort.
CANDIDATES FOR LIP AUGMENTATION
You may be an ideal candidate for lip augmentation if you answer yes to one or more of the following questions:
- Do you feel your lips are too small or thin?
- Are you dissatisfied with your flat or underdeveloped lips?
- Do you lips appear loose, downturned, or drooping?
- Have wrinkles and fine lines on or around the borders of your lips become increasingly prominent?
- Have your lips begun to sag or droop as a result of smoking, gravity, sun damage, or the natural aging process?
- Do you long for lush, pouty, voluminous lips?
If you answered yes to any of the aforementioned questions, lip augmentation with dermal fillers or an Autologous fat transfer may be your best option to enhance the fullness, smoothness, definition, and shape of your lips, helping you to achieve plush, pouty lips while maintaining a naturally beautiful appearance.
Lip enhancement requires both clinical expertise and a keen artistic vision—it is critical that the practitioner performing your lip augmentation service possess both of these qualities, in order to ensure that your results are balanced, proportional, and natural-looking. Dr. D. David Saadat, founder and lead facial plastic surgeon at Beverly Hills Aesthetic Surgical Institute, combines tasteful creativity, a meticulous eye for detail, and innovative techniques when designing tailored treatment plans to bring his patient’s unique lip enhancement goals to fruition. Dr. Saadat is a Triple Board Certified Facial Plastic and Reconstruction surgeon with the experience and skills to give you the full, sensual lips you desire without ever producing the tell-tale “duck lips” associated with overfilled lip injections.
LIP AUGMENTATION OPTIONS
Lip augmentation is a customizable procedure that may involve the injection of either synthetic or organic (biocompatible) materials to augment and enhance the size and shape of your lips. Facial fat transfer (fat injections/fat grafting) techniques and Injectable dermal fillers are among the most common options utilized for lip augmentation procedures. Dr. Saadat will work closely with you to ensure that you understand the differences between these two options and the benefits and risks associated with both techniques, before providing his expert recommendations as to which lip enhancement option is best suited to achieve your lip augmentation goals.
Patients considering non-surgical lip augmentation may select from the following options:
Autologous Fat Transfer (fat grafting, fat injections): Autologous facial fat transfer (a.k.a. microlipoinjection, fat injection, fat grafting) is a minimally invasive procedure that uses the patient’s own body fat to plump up thin, lined lips, thereby restoring the lush, voluminous lip contours of youth. Injecting fat into the lips is an effective technique that delivers long-term results and naturally enhances the volume and symmetry of the lips without requiring general anesthesia or an extended recovery period.
- Fat transfer is an excellent complementary technique for patients who are planning on undergoing facial liposuction (or mini liposuction), and are interested in achieving long-term lip augmentation without invasive surgical lip implants. The fat grafting procedure utilizes fat from a donor site on the patient’s own body (i.e. chin, neck, abdomen, thighs, or buttocks) to enhance and augment the volume of the lips. Because the transferred fat cells are taken from the patient’s own body, there is no risk of allergic reaction and a greater chance that the implanted fat will successfully and permanently graft to the existing lip tissue.
- Lip augmentation using the fat transfer technique can safely be performed in Dr. Saadat’s office under local anesthesia and generally results in only minor discomfort. The recovery period after this type of lip augmentation service is generally no more than a couple of days, and the increased volume of your lips will be visible immediately after your procedure. Unlike dermal fillers, fat injection results can last from several months to more than two years.
Fat grafting of the lips involves three primary steps:
- Phase 1: a gentle, non-invasive liposuction technique known as manual syringe liposuction (a.k.a. mini liposuction, syringe assisted liposuction) is used to harvest small amounts of excess fat from a donor site on your body (i.e. thighs, abdomen, hips, neck, or chin)
- Phase 2: the harvested fat cells are isolated and sterilized
- Phase 3: the sterilized fat cells are carefully injected into the lips to enhance volume and create an enviably pouty lip appearance. After the completion of your fat transfer procedure, you may notice some slight swelling and/or bruising around the injection sites, which should abate within in a few days.
Injectable Dermal Fillers: the injection of volumizing dermal fillers is a non-surgical lip augmentation technique that can be performed quickly and comfortably in our office with little (if any) downtime. One of the key benefits of Injectable fillers is their inherent customizability, which allows the patient to choose the exact shape and size of their desired lips. The augmentative results of these fillers are generally long-lasting, although the exact duration of results depends on the Injectable product chosen and the rate at which the patient metabolizes the filler.
- Injectable dermal fillers allow for a significant degree of customization, allowing the patient to choose the exact shape and size of their lips. These fillers are generally very durable, although the specific longevity depends on the product chosen.
- There are a wide range of fillers available on the market, and during your initial consultation Dr. Saadat will walk you through your choices and help you select the filler that will allow you to achieve your specific aesthetic goals. In general, the dermal fillers that are best suited for lip augmentation are JUVÉDERM® and Restylane®
- Because the lips can be a sensitive area for injections, we will utilize the filler formulations that contain a local anesthetic/numbing agent. JUVÉDERM® XC and Restylane-L® are both formulated with lidocaine to insure your comfort during and after your lip injection treatment.
- There is no downtime required after your lip injections and you can resume most activities immediately. You may notice temporary numbness, redness, or mild swelling/bruising of the lips, but these symptoms can be ameliorated by icing the area and should subside within a few hours.
CONTACT THE BEVERLY HILLS AESTHETIC SURGICAL INSTITUTE
As a valued patient at the Beverly Hills Aesthetic Surgical Institute, you will reap the benefits of a patient-centric practice built upon the core principle of comprehensive patient education. Triple Board Certified Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon Dr. D. David Saadat goes to great lengths to ensure that his patients understand the full range of surgical and non-invasive treatment options available to them, and will not proceed until you are 100% satisfied with your personalized treatment plan.
Each of our three California office locations (Beverly Hills, Valencia, and Santa Clarita) is equipped with state-of-the-art technology designed to mitigate the risk of complications and maximize the likelihood of successful treatment outcomes. Unlike the harried treatment environments of many plastic surgery practices, Dr. Saadat and his well-trained staff members will be completely accessible to you throughout your cosmetic enhancement experience, should you have any concerns or questions.
If you would like additional information about having your non-invasive lip augmentation service (dermal fillers or fat transfer) performed by Dr. Saadat at the Beverly Hills Aesthetic Surgical Institute, please contact our office today. We look forward to speaking with you, and to scheduling your initial consultation with Dr. Saadat.