Choices Include A Variety of Temporary And Permanent Procedures
The options for cosmetic enhancements in your 40s are plentiful. Depending on your goals and objectives you could select permanent or temporary procedures. If you would like to dramatically modify the appearance of a specific facial feature, or would like to achieve lasting facial rejuvenation results, facial surgery is your best option. On the other hand, you may just be experiencing the first signs that the skin is beginning to lose elasticity. In this case, you may be more comfortable opting for non-invasive treatments.
Either way you go, your 40s can be a time when your skin can look as vibrant and youthful as it did in your 30s. And with the proper care and treatment can carry you beautifully through this wonderful decade.
Surgical procedures definitely provide the significant long-term facial improvements on a structural level that non-invasive treatments simply cannot match. When performed with the most advanced techniques by a renowned facial surgery expert such as Dr. Saadat, facial surgery can be a safe and very rewarding experience.
If you are looking to enhance facial symmetry and balance while restoring a youthfully lifted, firm facial structure, you’ll want to explore the following procedures:
- Facelift (Full/Lower/Mid/Mini): although many patients assume facelifts are for ages 50 and up, in actuality, undergoing a facelift in your 40s can be extraordinarily effective, because the skin at this age still has a relatively good level of elasticity. A mid-, lower-, or mini-facelift at this age may prevent the need for a full facelift later in life.
- Neck Lift:the fragility of the skin on the neck makes this area one of the first to show the signs of aging. As the neck skin loosens and the neck musculature weakens and separates, excess fatty tissue accumulates and unsightly aesthetic changes begin to develop (i.e. “double chin”, “jowls”, or “turkey wattle”, neck banding/cords). Neck lift surgery is an effective countermeasure to address unwelcome aesthetic changes to the neck area, and can be performed together with a facelift for a more dramatic effect.
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid lift):can be performed on the upper and/or lower eyelids to correct bags under the eyes, dark circles, sagging eyelids, and puffy or heavy eyelids.
- Rhinoplasty (Nasal Reshaping):surgical manipulation and modification of the nasal structures can serve both functional (repair deviated septum) and aesthetic purposes.
Mini Surgical Procedures
Dr. Saadat also offers a variety of “mini” surgical procedures for patients seeking facial improvements without the extended recovery period of a full facial surgery. They include:
Mini Liposuction (syringe assisted liposuction)
Mini Eye lift (microblepharoplasty, transconjunctival eye lift)
Mini Neck Lift
Mini Facelift (“weekend lift,” S-lift, short-scar facelift)
Mini Brow Lift (endoscopic brow lift, lateral brow lift)
Mini Cheek Lift (midface lift, S-lift, cheek suspension surgery)
Autologous Fat Transfer (fat grafting, fat injections): fatty tissue is removed from one area of the body (i.e. thighs, abdomen) and utilized to add volume to depleted facial areas
Scar Revision: alters the appearance of scars to minimize their appearance
Popular Non-Surgical Procedures For Your 40s
Many people are not ready for the dramatic permanent changes that surgical procedures offer. And, with the growing knowledge of how sun protection and healthy diet and exercise positively affect how we age, many people in their 40s do not require surgery. Good skin care through the teens, 20s and 30s really shows in your 40s. This may be the time when you just begin to see the beginning of elasticity loss.
There are so many non-invasive procedures and treatments that contribute to the health and beauty of skin, that you may never need surgery. Those Dr. Saadat offers include the following:
- Neuromodulators: injectable treatments to minimize the appearance of facial furrows, lines, and wrinkles while hindering the formation of new wrinkles. Injectable Dermal Fillers can be utilized to sculpt facial contours by plumping up the skin and restoring depleted collagen levels. These fillers are also ideally suited for patients seeking to temporarily increase their lip volume and achieve desirably full, plump lips.
- Liquid Facelift: uses a customized combination of neuromodulators and dermal fillers to minimize the appearance of wrinkles while restoring volume to smooth out facial creases.
- Liquid Rhinoplasty: a non-surgical approach that employs the use of fillers to enhance the size and shape of the nasal structure.
- Fractional CO2 Laser Resurfacing: smooths and refines the surface of the skin by exfoliating dead (keratinized) skin cells to restore youthfully luminous, radiant skin.
- Chemical Peels: removes damaged outermost layer of skin cells to address textural concerns and allow for better penetration of skincare products.
A Lifetime Of Beautiful Healthy Skin
The 40s is a decade of vibrant confidence as you continue to grow into your career and lifestyle. It is no longer considered “middle age” since we are living longer, healthier lives. With the proper attention to skincare and properly executed procedures, surgical or non-invasive, anyone can look and feel youthful and vibrant at every age.